Destruction of our planet


I’m trying to get my thoughts structured, but every time I write about this issue or talk about it or even think about it the thoughts just pop up. One after another. I can’t stop myself. Overwhelmed by the feelings I get on every thought. I’m hoping to be able to structure my thoughts in the future. So, at this point I just wanted to apologize for my unstructured writing down of thoughts. But I still hope you’ll get my point. If not or if in any case you want to contact me, you can do this in the comment section or you can E-mail me at ohkaina.business@gmail.com .

Saving the world isn’t a part-time job. You either do it or you don’t. I, myself, chose to bear that burden upon my shoulders for I have no intention to look away. Of course, I’ve been there, had the thought of “why can’t I just be like everyone else” and just ignore the fact that the earth is a huge ship that is on fire and we’re aiming it towards the abyss of death and despair (of course, metaphorically spoken).
Sometimes I wander around, searching the untouched places of this planet in which nature shows its true beauty and pure wildness, combining both, roughness and ferocity and the calming and soothing spirit. When I find a spot, quiet and far from cars, humans and society, I close my eyes and just listen. I listen to the wind as it rustles up the leaves of the trees. I hear insects fly around close by. I love to listen to when the water reaches the shore, or the sea gulls speak, it’s music to my ears. It reminds me of my home. And sometimes I just like to observe the flora and fauna and how something I thought was empty at first sight is so vivid. Like when I lay down in the grass and just stare at it I realize every movement of nature, whereas before I thought it was only a spot of grass. I enjoy seeing the richness of the colors nature has to offer. Like when sun meets the sea, and everything sparkles. Or when it’s mid-summer and the juicy greens of the leaves play around the fluorescent colors of the buds and blossoms.
An example of nature's beauty. Shot in 2017 in Amsterdam.

And then there are times when she’s stripped naked and bare and vulnerable. Like something small and helpless that needs protection. That’s when I wake up and think that I’m in the middle of a terrible nightmare. Like how can this possibly be true??? We humans destroy our nature. Lead by greed or need or ignorance.
Celebrating “what a great time to be alive”. Thoughts on this? Well, on one hand – yes, what a great time to be alive. With all the privileges given from a first world country and the freedom of expression, involving free speech, free development of the individual and so on. But on the other hand – no, witnessing the destruction of our one and only home – planet earth.
The species of mankind are said to be the most intelligent species on earth. With all the languages we have, all the technologies, all the medicine and the fact that we’re able to build 828m tall buildings like the Burj Khalifa. That’s impressive. But, destroying our home and therewith destroying ourselves and having ongoing wars over or because of money. Hmmm, if that’s so intelligent, I don’t know.  
“If you think the economy is more important than the environment, try holding your breath while counting your money.” – Professor Guy McPherson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love yourself

Introduction