"Tear it down"

I always said, that if ever I should have a blog, the first thing I would post are the lyrics from a song, which to me is pretty accurate to the world of the humans. It's from a reggae band called SOJA (feat. Murs) and the song's name is 'Tear it down' (this version was published in 2014). Even if some don't like reggae the lyrics are great. I don't really want to go on writing and explaining what the text says, I'm just going to let you take a look and let you take your own time to reflect about those words. (I'll underline my favorite parts.) Enjoy your reflection time ~ 💗

"Tear It Down"

It seems we've forgotten how it all begun
before the green paper started making us run
chasing a bliss that already exits
Instead of reaching with our hearts
they got us grabbing with our fists

The situation isn't what it was
and its never gonna be it again
'cause we got nothing prepared for what is coming up
when the dollar is the focus of men, and you know
all the solutions we don't talk about
cause wed rather talk about ourselves right now
and if WE are whats killing US
we take the form of the storm up ahead, now follow me
I've seen the water rising,
its rising all around
and I've seen those roots, they're ripping
and they rip out from the ground
and I've seen this world is changing
and it's right in front of our face
there's something happening here,
in this little human race
it's coming coming coming on down,down
it's coming and it's coming on down, down
and the (heat) index rise every time around
it's coming, it's coming on down, down
and we can tear every little thing down
and we will, just look around
and you can watch us tear it down
the situations coming down to this:
what matters to us all in the end?
and our congress and president never ever mention it,
can't even figure out same sex marriages
while we kill each other every day,
and while we kill our earth in every way,
it's coming down.
We've got this love inside us,
and we've got this hatred too
We've got this battle raging,
and we've let the soldiers loose
We sit and watch and wonder
will what we NEED deep inside
become what we WANT before...

it's coming coming coming on down, down
the waters literally rise now
it's coming and its coming on down, down
and the (heat) index rise every time around
it's coming, it's coming on down, down
and we can tear every little thing down
and we will, just look around
and you can watch us tear it down

the waters literally rise now
And you know total destruction is on the horizon,
if you are standing on the out looking in.
possible outcomes

It's coming down waters rise about to boil over
we rape the earth resources using toy soldiers
not just the diamonds from Sierra Leone
I'm talking copper and the minerals that power your phone
so much conflict and with the convicts,
guilty 'cause we judge one another when we're all sick
we gotta call em much higher than your 4G
it's deeper than the poison that's destroying our seas
'cause you and me we're connected at the root
it's deeper than just chasing the track connect the loop
millions of trees disappear every year
that's why we here planting these seeds in your ear
create a new spring change how we do things
conscious without capitalism create a new stream
we on the same team we want the same thing
We're just a billion different pieces up the same dream.





Here's the song if you want to listen to it: Tear it down (feat. Murs) - SOJA

The lyrics are on this page, but without Murs' part, so I had to add them by myself:Lyrics on azlyrics.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love yourself

Introduction

Destruction of our planet